My family had our gift exchange on Christmas eve. This was definitely my favorite year.
Here were a few of my favorite moments:
- My niece’s face lit up when she opened her gift to find the first ten books from the Nancy Drew series. I adored those books and read the first hundred in the series when I was her age so it was pleasing to see her excitement
- Seeing my nephews’ and nieces’ reactions to their presents warmed my heart
- I made chicken noodle soup, cornbread and chocolate chip cookies from scratch. My sil made a delicious salmon chowder and brownies. A fantastic meal on a cold rainy night.
- I received my favorite candy and gift cards to my favorite stores.
- I gave my brother a toolbox, which he seemed to really like
- We all sang Christmas carols and other songs for hours!
- We played games, which was hilarious! Watching the boys Vogue during telephone charades had us in stitches.
I’ve always been a sucker for Christmas but not because of the presents. There’s nothing better in the world then being with family and sharing laughter, good food, love and joy.
Good night to all and to all, a good night!